Note from Father Lavin – 25th October 2020
Pew slip ( formerly Newsletter) now online here
Livestream of Services
Anyone who does not feel well should avoid coming to the church; similarly, anyone who is not confident about mingling with other people at this time should not worry about attending and should continue if they can to follow the live-streaming of mass in their own home.
Bishop John will be celebrating the 11am Mass online each Sunday at Salford Cathedral. Just click here, alternatively if you wish to visit another Church for livestream of Masses click here for a schedule of what’s on where each day.
You can find the Lords day at Home readings for 25 October by clicking here
Safety Procedures during Mass
- Please ensure that you sanitise your hands in the porch before entering the church and again on leaving.
- At weekends follow the directions from the stewards at all times. They will show you to your seat and invite you forward, in turn to receive Holy Communion. You should not leave your seat to approach the altar before you are invited to do so, in order to ensure that social-distancing is maintained.
- Remember to observe social distancing of 2m between parishioners at all times (excluding members of your household)
- Please observe the one-way system in the church, returning to your seat or leaving the church by the side-aisles and entering church down the centre-aisle
- It would be preferable not to use the kneelers but to remain seated throughout the mass, except for the Gospel.
- The wearing of face-coverings is now mandatory. Masks should be lowered as you approach the priest to receive Holy Communion.
EWTN – Catholic TV
Pope Francis Daily Messages
Don’t forget you can follow the tweets (messages) from Pope Francis throughout the day on our twitter feed by clicking here where you can also view a live stream from the Vatican
Any parcels for the foodbank can be left in the presbytery porch
In order to be able to keep parishioners informed whenever Father Lavin makes any communications or when the website is updated with newsletters etc (which may not be on a weekly basis during this unsettling period) we have created a Parish Facebook page.
If you have a facebook account please visit and like the page so that you will then be automatically notified whenever this website is updated otherwise please visit this page periodically to check for any updates
For those parisioners without a facebook account I have embedded a feed from it at the bottom of this page so everyone will be able to access the information and links posted to it
The Pope’s Message response to Covid-19 on Sunday 22 March
To read the full text please click here , where you can also view a one minute video summary of the Special Urbi et Orbi Blessing held on 27th March
CATHOLIC BISHOPS’ CONFERENCE OF ENGLAND AND WALES
Liturgical Advice in the light of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The advice published on 20 March 2020 can be read in full by clicking here